Lisa Chapman Consulting
Business and Social Media Consulting
I help company leaders define, plan and achieve their goals – both online and offline. After 25+ years as an entrepreneur & author, I now focus my consulting practice on business & strategic planning, social media marketing & search engine optimization for growing companies.
In 2005, I launched into online consulting with client websites who needed keyword optimization – the same year YouTube was founded, but before Twitter (2006) and Tumblr (2007).
Now I help clients with business planning as well as social media strategy & execution. Online, I work with clients to establish and enhance their brand, attract their Target Audiences, engage them in meaningful social media conversations, and convert them into Buyers. Many clients need SEO work to get found online, increase their ranking to first page Google, and entice searchers to click on their business to engage in a meaningful way.
- Business & #social media consultant @lisamurrchapman helps business leaders define, plan & achieve their goals, both online and off. Pls RT
- Want to rank PAGE ONE #Google? @lisamurrchapman helps with insider #SEOtips for #blogs, #websites and posts. Beat your competition. Pls RT
Back in the day…
As a bright-eyed entrepreneur with a fresh MBA at age 27, armed with a business plan I wrote at Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management, I (somewhat naively!) started the company in my living room with about $2500 and absolutely no fear. Within a year, that company went gangbusters. We ultimately employed 1100 healthcare professionals in six states – and we attracted venture capital funding.
Fast forward almost 30 years…
Now after decades of serial entrepreneurship, I help others learn from my experiences. Often, they avoid financial losses and potential failures. Better yet, they grow and profit quicker than I did. And we have fun.
Business Planning that attracts capital…
I’ve always loved business strategy and planning. I suspect that my entrepreneurial ventures are an outgrowth of the amazing opportunities I uncover in the process of my research. It seems that by the time I thoroughly research certain interesting new industries and business models that come to my attention, I find them so compelling that I want to start them.
As a consultant to the planning, funding and growth of others’ companies, I’ve engaged in a plethora of industries, including healthcare, mental health, real estate, politics, consulting, publishing, retail, health & beauty, music, entertainment, construction, real estate, internet, non-profit, education, technology, personal services, and others.
Business Consulting Services…
I’m open to most any aspect of entrepreneurship, however, my business consulting services usually fall into certain a range of categories:
- Improving profits
- Creating revenue streams
- Lowering expenses in a healthy way
- Writing achievable, realistic business plans that attract capital
- Strategic visioning & planning
- Coaching for improved sales, marketing & customer service
- Analyzing financials
- Developing realistic, achievable profit projections
- Effective fundraising pitch presentations
- Evaluating company valuation & returns
- Assisting management in growth
I also love most aspects of social media marketing.
Before it was even called ‘Social Media’…
The internet has always intrigued me. Back in the early-to- mid ‘90’s (remember the days of 5 ¼” floppy discs?) I held one of my few very interesting jobs working for others. I was called to answer to the CEO for buying books about the internet, which I purchased to aid my strategy research. According to my boss (the founder of the company and a well-respected, successful healthcare entrepreneur himself), “You’ll never get the internet”. Clearly, we didn’t see eye-to-eye about it. But we might now.
Websites and SEO
I worked on my first website in 2002. In fact, I bought domain names for all my close friends, most of whom are still using them today. Search engine optimization was fun and exciting when I discovered it in 2005 (and it still is!) Keywords had just arrived on the scene, and I was all about it. By 2006, I was teaching clients about keywords and search engines, and working SEO into my clients’ websites. It was groundbreaking stuff. Now my site is packed with social media and SEO for small business.
Within a few years, social networks arrived on the scene. I jumped on the bandwagon and became a part of the unstoppable evolution that is my professional playground today. See my resources and free small business “How To” papers online: https://independent.academia.edu/LisaChapman2
For an example of my SEO work: For a client’s new website build, I keyword optimized for the core keyword phrase Shuffleboard Nashville – and within 30 days it ranked FIRST PAGE GOOGLE whereas it previously did not show up in Google at all for that keyword.
Social Media Strategy
“Lisa Chapman’s thoughtful and insightful approach to social media strategy was instrumental in the launch of an important initiative for craigslist founder Craig Newmark. She is a pleasure to work with.“
I continue to help clients with social media strategy and marketing – to establish and promote their brands on the Internet, and to increase traffic, engage visitors and convert them into loyal customers.
Marketing and Social Media Blog Manager:
Since 2010, I’ve managed Free Management Library’s Marketing and Social Media Blog. This page enjoys over a million views a month. Blog posts include the latest info on:
- Online and offline marketing strategies
- SEO How Tos
- Blogging – insider tips
- Social Networking / Social Media
- Social Marketing tools – especially cutting-edge resources
- Traditional marketing for increased growth and profitability
Professional achievements include Nashville Business Journal’s “Executive of the Year” and “Small Business of the Year” finalist awards, as well as Nashville Business and Lifestyle magazine’s list of “40 Under 40 – Nashville’s Emerging Leadership”.
Hard copy books by traditional publishing houses:
- The WebPowered Entrepreneur (Dunham) – Step-by-step online marketing for small business
- The Savvy Woman’s Guide to Cars (Bantam)
- The Buck Starts Here, The Beginner’s Guide to Smart Financial Choices (Simon & Schuster/Kaplan).
Appearances include NBC Today with Katie Couric and a wide variety of national and local television and radio shows. Featured or quoted in: leading national publications such as Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan and Readers Digest, as well as dozens of city magazines and newspapers.
Speaking engagements include entrepreneurship topics at leading universities include:
- Kellogg Graduate School of Business (Northwestern University)
- Vanderbilt University
- Cumberland University
- Owen Graduate School of Management (Vanderbilt University).
Find and Follow Online Marketing Resources
- Website Tutorials and How To articles – Social Media and SEO www.lisachapman.com
- LinkedIn Including the downloadable PowerPoint “How Bankers Think” www.linkedin.com/in/golisachapman
- Facebook Very helpful resources from around the web http://facebook.com/lisachapmandotcom
- Google+ MORE great resources from around the web http://www.google.com/+LisaChapmandotcom
- Twitter Tips worthy of retweeting! http://twitter.com/lisamurrchapman